lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vardhan Dharnidharka <vardhan1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Entire query is stopwords
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:36:38 GMT

Hi,

I am using the standard edismax parser and my example query is as follows:

{!edismax qf='object_description ' rows=10 start=0 mm=-40% v='object'}

In this case, 'object' happens to be a stopword in the StopWordsFilter in my datatype 'object_description'.
Now, since 'object' is not indexed at all, the query does not return any results. In an ideal
case, I would want documents containing the term 'object' to be returned.

What is the best practice to achieve this? Index stop-words and re-query with 'stopwords=false'.
Or can this be done without re-querying?

Thanks,
Vardhan