lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LotsOfCores feature
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:38:36 GMT
The Wiki page was built not for Cloud Solr.

We have done such a deployment where less than a tenth of cores were active
at any given point in time. though there were tens of million indices they
were split among a large no:of hosts.

If you don't insist of Cloud deployment it is possible. I'm not sure if it
is possible with cloud

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM, Aleksey <bittercold@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking at this wiki and linked issues:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LotsOfCores
>
> they talk about a limit being 100K cores. Is that per server or per
> entire fleet because zookeeper needs to manage that?
>
> I was considering a use case where I have tens of millions of indices
> but less that a million needs to be active at any time, so they need
> to be loaded on demand and evicted when not used for a while.
> Also since number one requirement is efficient loading of course I
> assume I will store a prebuilt index somewhere so Solr will just
> download it and strap it in, right?
>
> The root issue is marked as "won;t fix" but some other important
> subissues are marked as resolved. What's the overall status of the
> effort?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Aleksey

Noble Paul