lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Tsadikov <mich...@myheritage.com>
Subject upgrading 1hr autoCommit behavior
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:45:37 GMT
We're upgrading our Solr 3.1 distributed masters/slaves setup to 4.3.

In 3.1 we used autoCommit every hour on masters, each commit is replicated
to slaves, and all searches are done on slaves. 1hr visibility is ok - we
don't need NRT.

In 4.3 we enable transaction logs, for durability in case of crashes.

However, we are wondering how to best setup autoCommit/autoSoftCommit on
masters to preserve the old behavior. It seems that setting autoCommit to
1hr (openSearcher=true) without any autoSoftCommit preserves our previous
setup - is this correct? Wil the transaction log make masters use much more
heap due to 1hr periods between commits? This can be a problem for us
because we put many master cores on one solr JVM

Thanks,
Michael