lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aleksey <bitterc...@gmail.com>
Subject LotsOfCores feature
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:08:31 GMT
I was looking at this wiki and linked issues:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LotsOfCores

they talk about a limit being 100K cores. Is that per server or per
entire fleet because zookeeper needs to manage that?

I was considering a use case where I have tens of millions of indices
but less that a million needs to be active at any time, so they need
to be loaded on demand and evicted when not used for a while.
Also since number one requirement is efficient loading of course I
assume I will store a prebuilt index somewhere so Solr will just
download it and strap it in, right?

The root issue is marked as "won;t fix" but some other important
subissues are marked as resolved. What's the overall status of the
effort?

Thank you in advance,

Aleksey