lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Al Wold <alw...@alwold.com>
Subject Re: Start custom Java component on Solr start?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:14:24 GMT
I've used a servlet context listener before and it works pretty well. You just have a write
a small Java class to receive the event when the app is started, then add it to web.xml.

I don't think there's much good official documentation, but this blog post outlines it pretty
simply:

http://www.mkyong.com/servlet/what-is-listener-servletcontextlistener-example/

-Al