lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Individual Query Works fine but OR Query not worning
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 19:15:05 GMT
If you have a space in field value, either enclose the entire field value in
quotes:

"TEST1 TEST"

Or escape each space with a single backslash:

TEST1\ TEST

In your example, the space in the first term is preceded by a double
backslash and the space in the second term is unescaped.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: vibhoreng04
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:04 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Individual Query Works fine but OR Query not worning

Hi,

There seems to be a problem in the querying.My query is like-

(NORM_BUS_NME:TEST1\\ TEST)^35.44 OR (TRIGRAM_NORM_BUS_NME:TEST1 TEST)

Individually NORM_BUS_NME:TEST1\\ TEST query returns 1 result and
TRIGRAM_NORM_BUS_NME:TEST1 TEST
returns 355 results but after I do an OR operation the resultant resultet is
just 1.
What might be the issue with this.

Please help.

Vibhor Jaiswal