lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alex Sarco <Alex.Sa...@ig.com>
Subject EmbeddedSolrServer reference
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:22:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Solr 4.3 embedded in Tomcat, so there's a Solr server starting when Tomcat starts.
In the same webapp, I also have a process to recreate the Lucene index when Solr starts. To
do this, I have a singleton instance of EmbeddedSolrServer provided by Spring. This same instance
is also used to update the index every once in a while (when a message advising of a DB update
is received).
This works quite well, but my problem is the adds/updates I make to the index using EmbeddedSolrServer
are not visible by the Solr instance started by Tomcat, unless I restart Tomcat (which is
obviously not an option).
So, my questions are:

1)   Is there any way to get a reference to the Solr server started by Tomcat, and not having
to start another one?

2)   Any other suggestion as how to implement this kind of architecture?

________________________________
The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and
any copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official business of
this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG is a trading name
of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04008957)
and IG Index Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 01190902).
Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets
Limited (register number 195355) and IG Index Limited (register number 114059) are authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.