lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject Using per-segment FieldCache or DocValues in custom component?
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:55:49 GMT
I have some custom code that uses the top-level FieldCache (e.g., FieldCache.DEFAULT.getLongs(reader,
"foobar", false)). I'd like to redesign this to use the per-segment FieldCaches so that re-opening
a Searcher is fast(er). In most cases, I've got a docId and I want to get the value for a
particular single-valued field for that doc.

Is there a good place to look to see example code of per-segment FieldCache use? I've been
looking at PerSegmentSingleValuedFaceting, but hoping there might be something less confusing
:)

Also thinking DocValues might be a better way to go for me... is there any documentation or
example code for that?

-Michael