lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Elran Dvir <elr...@checkpoint.com>
Subject new field type - enum field
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:15:36 GMT
Hi All,

We have encountered a use case in our system where we have a few fields (Severity. Risk etc)
with a closed set of values, where the sort order for these values is pre-determined but not
lexicographic (Critical is higher than High). Generically this is very close to how enums
work.

To implement, I have prototyped a new type of field: EnumField where the inputs are a closed
predefined  set of strings in a special configuration file (similar to currency.xml).
I'm thinking of contributing the code back since I think it's a nice little feature that other
people may like to use and would like to get some feedback from the community.

If there's positive feedback, I'll open an issue with a patch for the functionality.

Thanks.