lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Searching in stopwords
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 03:34:44 GMT
Edismax should be able to handle a query consisting of only query-time stop
words.

What does your text field type analyzer look like?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Kumar
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:59 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Searching in stopwords

I have a company search which uses stopwords during quezary time. In my
stopwords list i have entries like :

HR
Club
India
Pvt.
Ltd.

So if i search for companies like HR Club i get no results. Similarly
search for India HR giving no results. How can i get results in query for
following companies :

1. HR India
2. HR Club
3. HR India Pvt Ltd

I would still want to maintain the above list of stopwords since these
letters occur heavily in company text.

Please guide if i need to change my strategy itself.

<field name="company" type="text_lowercase_whitespace" indexed="true"
stored="true" />

<fieldType name="text_lowercase_whitespace" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
           <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
<filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
           </analyzer>
     <analyzer type="query">
                <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
           </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Thanks
Rohit Kumar