lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: processing documents in solr
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 20:17:11 GMT
On 7/27/2013 11:38 AM, Joe Zhang wrote:
> I have a constantly growing index, so not updating the index can't be
> practical...
>
> Going back to the beginning of this thread: when we use the vanilla
> "*:*"+pagination approach, would the ordering of documents remain stable?
> ---- the index is dynamic: update/insertion only, no deletion.

If you use a sort parameter with pagination, then you have stable
ordering, unless as described with the 'b' example, a new document gets
inserted into a position in the sort sequence that's before the current
result page.

One thing that you could do is make a copy of your index, set up a
separate Solr installation that's not getting updates, and use that for
your inspection.

Thanks,
Shawn