lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Artem Karpenko <a.karpe...@oxseed.com>
Subject .lock file not created when making a backup snapshot
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 09:04:03 GMT
Hi,

when making a backup snapshot using "/replication?command=backup" call,
a snapshot directory is created and starts to be filled, but appropriate
.lock file is not created so it's impossible to check when backup is
finished. I've taken a look at code and it seems to me that
lock.obtain() call is missing: there is

public class SnapShooter {
void createSnapshot(final IndexCommit indexCommit, int numberToKeep,
ReplicationHandler replicationHandler) {
lock = lockFactory.makeLock(directoryName + ".lock");
lock.release();

so lock file is not actually created. This is Solr 4.3.1, release notes
for Solr 4.4 do not include this problem.

Should I raise a JIRA issue for this? Or maybe you could suggest more
reliable way to make a backup?

Regards,
Artem.