lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Artem Karpenko <a.karpe...@oxseed.com>
Subject Improper shutdown of Solr in Jetty 9
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:51:55 GMT
Hi,

I can't make Solr shut down properly when using Jetty 9. Tested this
with a simple plugin that only extends DirectUpdateHandler2, creates a
file in constructor and deletes it in close(). While it's working fine
in the example installation (the one that can be downloaded from Solr
site) and in the simple custom installation with Jetty 8, it won't in
Jetty 9. There is not much logging at shutdown at all, just Jetty's
"closing selector" or smth., unlike with Jetty 8 where it prints various
"Graceful shutdown" messages from Solr.

Installation procedure I used for both Jettys is rather simple: just put
solr.war into webapps/ directory, plugin JAR into {core}/lib/ and
configure update handler in solrconfig.xml.
OS is Windows 7, Solr 4.4.
I tried to stop Jetty with both "Ctrl+C" and "java start.jar [port/key
params] --stop". For Jetty 8 it works fine even with Ctrl+C.

Did anybody stumble on this issue?

Best regards,
Artem.