lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Synonyms with wildcard search
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:28:01 GMT
Sorry, but Solr synonym processing does not know about wildcards, so it is
bypassed when a wildcard is present.

Technically, it could probably be enhanced to support them, at least for
some common special cases such as yours, but that prospect won't help you
right now.

Your best bet is to preprocess your queries in your application layer and
perform the mapping there.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandeep Gupta
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:22 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Synonyms with wildcard search

Hello All,

I want to know whether it is possible to make a query of word which has
synonym+wildcard.

For example :  I have one field which is type of text_en (default fieldType
in 4.3.1)
And synonym.txt file has this entry
colour => color

Now when I am using full text search as colour* (with wild card) then
search result is not returning the keyword of type colorology... (as in
case If I use color* then I am getting this word)

So any suggestions as how I can achieve this Or its not possible.

Thanks
Sandeep