lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Use same spell check dictionary across different collections
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:09:52 GMT
DirectSolrSpellChecker does not prepare any kind of dictionary.  It just uses the term dictionary
from the indexed field.  So what you are trying to do is impossible.

You would think it would be possible with IndexBasedSpellChecker because it creates a dictionary
as a sidecar lucene index.  But it won't work either because it uses the term dictionary of
the field the sidecar index was based on to get term frequencies.

So both IndexBased- and DirectSolr- rely on the original field's term dictionary to work.
 You cannot use either to move one core's field data to another as a spellcheck dictionary.

Possibly, you can create a Dictionary file based on the data that is in the field you want
to use.  Then you can use FileBasedSpellChecker.  See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FileBasedSpellChecker
.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: smanad [mailto:smanad@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 5:55 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Use same spell check dictionary across different collections

I have 2 collections, lets say coll1 and coll2.

I configured solr.DirectSolrSpellChecker in coll1 solrconfig.xml and works
fine.

Now, I want to configure coll2 solrconfig.xml to use SAME spell check
dictionary index created above. (I do not want coll2 prepare its own
dictionary index but just do spell check against the coll1 Spell dictionary

Is it possible to do it? Tried out with IndexBasedSpellChecker but could not
get it working.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Manasi