lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phil Hoy <p...@brightsolid.com>
Subject Shard tolerant partial results
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:56:06 GMT
Hi,

When doing distributed searches with shards.tolerant set whilst the hosts for a slice are
down and therefore the response is partial, how best that inferred as we would like to not
cache the results upstream and perhaps inform the end user in some way.

I am aware that shards.info could be used, however I am concerned this may have performance
implications due to cost parsing the response from solr and perhaps some extra cost incurred
by solr to generate the response.

Perhaps an http header could be added or another attribute added to the solr result node.

Phil

"brightsolid" is used in this email to collectively mean brightsolid online innovation limited
and its subsidiary companies brightsolid online publishing limited and brightsolid online
technology limited.
findmypast.co.uk is a brand of brightsolid online publishing limited.
brightsolid online innovation limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee Technology Park,
Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC274983.
brightsolid online publishing limited, The Glebe, 6 Chapel Place, Rivington Street, London
EC2A 3DQ. Registered in England No. 04369607.
brightsolid online technology limited, Gateway House, Luna Place, Dundee Technology Park,
Dundee DD2 1TP.  Registered in Scotland No. SC161678.

Email Disclaimer

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You should not disclose
its contents to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender named above immediately. It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute
nor form part of a contract or unilateral obligation. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of brightsolid shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.
This email has been scanned by the brightsolid Email Security System. Powered by MessageLabs