lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Solr continue to processing queries and index documents during a collection reload?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:25:38 GMT
Quick behavior check on whether Solr continues to process queries and
index documents during a collection reload?

For example, after I upload new config documents to Zookeeper, I issue
a reload command using the collections API. Of course this propagates
a core reload across all nodes in the collection, which re-open
searchers, etc. This can be expensive in my environment so I'm curious
if the soon-to-be-closed core stays active until the new core is open?
I assume yes but want to make sure.

Thanks.
Tim