lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Delip Rao <de...@ravellaw.com>
Subject Using a dictionary to boost queries
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:27:28 GMT
I have a dictionary of domain specific terms and I want to be able to
automatically boost occurrences of those terms in a query. These terms
could either be single word or multi-word phrases, like "supreme court",
"habeas corpus", etc. So if the query was 'habeas corpus germany' (without
the quotes), I want to be able to translate it to something like:

habeas defaultOperator corpus defaultOperator germany defaultOperator
"habeas corpus"^2

What is the best practice for doing this in Solr? Please excuse if this
elementary, just started picking up Solr.

Thanks,
Delip
twitter.com/deliprao