lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tom Burton-West <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Solr 4.2.1 limit on number of rows or number of hits per shard?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:09:37 GMT
Thanks Shawn,

I was confused by the error message: "Invalid version (expected 2, but 60)
or the data in not in 'javabin' format"

Your explanation makes sense.  I didn't think about what the shards have to
send back to the head shard.
Now that I look in my logs, I can see the posts that  the shards are
sending to the head shard and actually get a good measure of how many bytes
are being sent around.

I'll poke around and look at multipartUploadLimitInKB, and also see if
there is some servlet container limit config I might need to mess with.

Tom




On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Shawn Heisey <solr@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 7/25/2013 12:26 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
>
>> Either multipartUploadLimitInKB doesn't work properly, or there may be
>> some hard limits built into the servlet container, because I set
>> multipartUploadLimitInKB in the requestDispatcher config to 32768 and it
>> still didn't work.  I wonder, perhaps there is a client-side POST buffer
>> limit as well as the servlet container limit, which comes in to play
>> because the Solr server is acting as a client for the distributed
>> requests?
>>
>
> Followup:
>
> I should probably add that I used a different version (and got some
> different errors) because what I've got on my dev server is an old
> branch_4x version:
>
> 4.4-SNAPSHOT 1497605 - ncindex - 2013-06-27 17:12:30
>
> My online production system is 4.2.1, but I am not going to run this query
> on that system because of the potential to break things.  I did try it
> against my backup production system running 3.5.0 with a 1MB server-side
> POST buffer and got an error that seems to at least partially confirm my
> suspicions.  Here's an excerpt:
>
> HTTP ERROR 500
>
> Problem accessing /solr/ncmain/select. Reason:
>
>     Form too large18425104>1048576  java.lang.**IllegalStateException:
> Form too large18425104>1048576     at org.mortbay.jetty.Request.**
> extractParameters(Request.**java:1561)       at org.mortbay.jetty.Request.
> **getParameterMap(Request.java:**870)  at org.apache.solr.request.**
> ServletSolrParams.<init>(**ServletSolrParams.java:29)  at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.**StandardRequestParser.**
> parseParamsAndFillStreams(**SolrRequestParsers.java:394)         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.**SolrRequestParsers.parse(**SolrRequestParsers.java:115)
>        at org.apache.solr.servlet.**SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(**SolrDispatchFilter.java:223)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.**ServletHandler$CachedChain.**
> doFilter(ServletHandler.java:**1212)      at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.**
> ServletHandler.handle(**ServletHandler.java:399)     at
> org.mortbay.jetty.security.**SecurityHandler.handle(**SecurityHandler.java:216)
>  at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.**SessionHandler.handle(**SessionHandler.java:182)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.**ContextHandler.handle(**ContextHandler.java:766)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.**WebAppContext.handle(**WebAppContext.java:450)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.**ContextHandlerCollection.**handle(**
> ContextHandlerCollection.java:**230)        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.*
> *HandlerCollection.handle(**HandlerCollection.java:114)       at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.**HandlerWrapper.handle(**HandlerWrapper.java:152)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.**handle(Server.java:326)     at
> org.mortbay.jetty.**HttpConnection.handleRequest(**HttpConnection.java:542)
>      at org.mortbay.jetty.**HttpConnection$RequestHandler.**
> content(HttpConnection.java:**945)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.**parseNext(HttpParser.java:756)
>  at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.**parseAvailable(HttpParser.**java:212)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.**HttpConnection.handle(**HttpConnection.java:404)
>     at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.**SocketConnector$Connection.**run(SocketConnector.java:228)
>       at org.mortbay.thread.**QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.**
> run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message