lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new field type - enum field
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:14:38 GMT
OK, if you can attach it to an e-mail, I'll attach it.

Just to check, though, make sure you're logged in. I've been fooled
once or twice by being automatically signed out...

Erick

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:17 AM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Erick.
>
> I have tried it four times. It keeps failing.
> The problem reoccurred today.
>
> Thanks.

JIRA. Is this persisting.

> Let us know if this continues...
>
> Erick
>
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created an issue:
>> I tried to attach my patch, but it failed: " Cannot attach file Solr-5084.patch:
Unable to communicate with JIRA."
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks.

if none of the committers picks it up and applies it....

>> NOTE: It is _not_ necessary that the first version of your patch is completely polished.
I often put up partial/incomplete patches (comments with //nocommit are explicitly caught
by the "ant precommit" target for instance) to see if anyone has any comments before polishing.....

>> Best
>> Erick
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have implemented like Chris described it:
>>> The field is indexed as numeric, but displayed as string, according to configuration.
>>> It applies to facet, pivot, group and query.
>>>
>>> How do we proceed? How do I contribute it?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

in favor of TrieIntField for this reason) it probably just makes sense to treat it as a numeric
at the Lucene level.

>>> : > If there's positive feedback, I'll open an issue with a patch for the
functionality.

>>> I've typically dealt with this sort of thing at the client layer
>>> using a simple numeric field in Solr, or used an UpdateProcessor to
>>> convert the
>>> String->numeric mapping when indexing & used clinet logic of a
>>> DocTransformer to handle the stored value at query time -- but having a built
in FieldType that handles that for you automatically (and helps ensure the indexed values
conform to the enum) would certainly be cool if you'd like to contribute it.