lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Khludnev <mkhlud...@griddynamics.com>
Subject Re: paging vs streaming. spawn from (Processing a lot of results in Solr)
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 11:54:27 GMT
Otis,
You gave links to 'deep paging' when I asked about response streaming.
Let me understand. From my POV, deep paging is a special case for regular
search scenarios. We definitely need it in Solr. However, if we are talking
about data analytic like problems, when we need to select an "endless"
stream of responses (or store them in file as Roman did), 'deep paging' is
a suboptimal hack.
What's your vision on this?