lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Khludnev <mkhlud...@griddynamics.com>
Subject Re: Converting nested data model to solr schema
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 05:07:20 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM, adfel70 <adfel70@gmail.com> wrote:

> This requires me to override the solr document distribution mechanism.
> I fear that with this solution I may loose some of solr cloud's
> capabilities.

It's not clear whether you aware of
http://searchhub.org/2013/06/13/solr-cloud-document-routing/ , but what you
did doesn't sound scary to me. If it works, it should be fine. I'm not
aware of any capabilities that you are going to loose.
Obviously SOLR-3076 provides astonishing query time performance, with
offloading actual join work into index time. Check it if you current
approach turns slow.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev