lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new field type - enum field
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:42:27 GMT
+1 for this.  Some use cases:
* JIRA issue sorting
* Log level sorting
* User role sorting

Doable at Lucene level by any chance?

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have encountered a use case in our system where we have a few fields (Severity. Risk
etc) with a closed set of values, where the sort order for these values is pre-determined
but not lexicographic (Critical is higher than High). Generically this is very close to how
enums work.

> To implement, I have prototyped a new type of field: EnumField where the inputs are a
closed predefined  set of strings in a special configuration file (similar to currency.xml).
> I'm thinking of contributing the code back since I think it's a nice little feature that
other people may like to use and would like to get some feedback from the community.