lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: dynamic field question
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 04:15:51 GMT
I'd suggest that each of your source document sections would be a distinct
solr document. All of the sections could have a "source document ID" field
to tie them together.

Dynamic fields work best when used in moderation. Your use case seems like
an excessive use of dynamic fields.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Twomey, David
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:59 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: dynamic field question

I am having trouble trying to return a particular dynamic field only instead
of all dynamic fields.

Imagine I have a document with an unknown number of sections.  Each section
can have a 'title' and a 'body'

I have each section title and body as dynamic fields such as section_title_*
and section_body_*

Imagine that some documents contain a section that has a title="Appendix"

I want a query that will find all docs with that section and return just the
Appendix section.

I don't know how to return just that one section though

I can copyField my dynamic field section_title_* into a static field called
section_titles and query that for docs that contain the Appendix

But I don't know how to only return that one dynamic field

?q=section_titles:Appendix&fl=section_body_*

Any ideas?   I can't seem to put a conditional in the fl parameter