lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Hull <char...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Percolate feature?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 16:19:43 GMT
On 01/10/2013 04:12, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Just came across this "ancient" thread.  Charlie, did this end up
> happening?  I suspect Wolfgang may be interested, but that's just a
> wild guess.

Hi Otis & all,

Yes we're actually planning to talk about it at Lucene Revolution in
November and open source it around then - it's called 'Luwak' and we're
working on a live customer implementation based on it currently.

> I was curious about your feeling that what you were open-sourcing
> might be a lot faster and more flexible than ES's percolator - can you
> share more about why do you have that feeling and whether you've
> confirmed this?

Difficult to say at present - we've not done a direct comparative test
yet and obviously we like our own implementation! It works very well for
our clients' use case.

Cheers

Charlie