lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Harald Kirsch <Harald.Kir...@raytion.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud shard splitting keeps failing
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 07:04:05 GMT
Hello Kalle,

we noticed the same problem some weeks ago:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Share-splitting-at-23-million-documents-gt-OOM-td4085064.html

Would be interesting to hear if there is more positive feedback this time.

We finally concluded that it may be worth to start with many shards
right away. And as they grow, they can be distributed to other machines.
This works, as we have tested (yet not in production).

Regards,
Harald.