lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to share Schema between multicore on Solr 4.4
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:33:52 GMT
On 10/7/2013 6:02 AM, Dharmendra Jaiswal wrote:
> I am using Solr 4.4 version with SolrCloud on Windows machine.
> Somehow i am not able to share schema between multiple core.

If you're in SolrCloud mode, then you already *are* sharing your
schema.  You are also sharing your configuration.  Both of them are in
zookeeper.  All collections (and all shards within a collection) which
use a given config name are using the same copy.

Any copies of your config/schema that might be on your disk are *NOT*
being used.  If you are starting Solr with any bootstrap options, then
the config set that is in zookeeper might be getting overwritten by
whats on your disk when Solr restarts, but otherwise SolrCloud *only*
uses zookeeper for config/schema. The bootstrap options are meant to be
used once, and I actually prefer to get SolrCloud operational without
using bootstrap options at all.

Thanks,
Shawn