lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to share Schema between multicore on Solr 4.4
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:17:17 GMT
On 10/9/2013 6:24 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that before. The shareSchema
> stuff is keyed off the absolute directory (and timestamp) of
> the schema.xml file associated with a core and is about
> sharing the internal object that holds the parsed schema.
>
> Do you know for sure if the fact that this is coming from ZK
> actually shares the schema object? 'Cause I've never
> looked to see and it would be a good thing to have in my
> head...

With SolrCloud, I have no idea whether the actual internal objects are
shared.  Just now I tried to figure that out from the code, but I don't
already have an understanding of how that code works, and a quick glance
isn't enough to gain that knowledge.I can guarantee that you have a much
deeper understanding of those internals than I do!

My comments were to indicate that SolrCloud creates a situation where
the config/schema are shared in the sense that there's only one
canonical copy.

Thanks,
Shawn