lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: limiting deep pagination
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 18:07:37 GMT
On 10/8/13 6:51 PM, Peter Keegan wrote:
> Is there a way to configure Solr 'defaults/appends/invariants' such that
> the product of the 'start' and 'rows' parameters doesn't exceed a given
> value? This would be to prevent deep pagination.  Or would this require a
> custom requestHandler?
>
> Peter

Just wondering -- isn't it the sum that you should be concerned about
rather than the product?  Actually I think what we usually do is limit
both independently, with slightly different concerns, since. eg start=1,
rows=1000 causes memory problems if you have large fields in your
results, where start=1000, rows=1 may not actually be a problem

-Mike