lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Guido Medina <guido.med...@temetra.com>
Subject Re: Solr 4.4.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 with Jetty 6.1 from package Repository
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:48:48 GMT
Here is the pertinent changes you need to pass to /etc/default/jetty:

  * JAVA_OPTIONS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server
    -Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50
    -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseStringCache"
  * JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dsolr.solr.home=$YOUR_SOLR_COLLECTION_HOME $JAVA_OPTIONS"

Of course, the 1st JAVA_OPTIONS are our own tuning, you are free to play
with it. Adjust your solr collection home to whatever path is on your
system.

HTH,

Guido.