lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: which jar contains org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter ?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:50:44 GMT
On 10/10/2013 10:15 AM, MC wrote:
> My embedded solr server (4.4.0) is crashing when I submit a query.
> The reason is this:
> org.apache.solr.request.XSLTResponseWriter
>
> I have the following jars in my classpath:
> solr-core-4.4.0.jar
> solr-solrj-4.4.0.jar
> solr-dataimporthandler-4.4.0.jar
> solr-dataimporthandler-extras-4.4.0.jar
>
> I checked contents of the solr-core jar, there is a file called
> XSLTResponseWriter in it, but it's in org.apache.solr.response
> package, not in org.apache.solr.request package.

In Solr 3.x, that class is in the org.apache.solr.request package.
Looks like it got moved in 4.x.  This seems to indicate one of two
things are in your classpath:

1) Solr or SolrJ 3.x jars
2) Something else designed for use (and compiled) with Solr/SolrJ
version 3.x.

I'm guessing that the source of the problem is your application .
Chances are that it was written and compiled against Solr/SolrJ 3.x, but
you're trying to use it with version 4.4.0 without modifying or
recompiling it.

That kind of major version jump just isn't possible.  A minor version
jump is likely to work, but I wouldn't even be too sure about that.  If
this is what's happening, the application source code will need to be
updated for the new version and it will need to be recompiled against
the 4.4.0 jars.

Thanks,
Shawn