lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Zbinden <zbin...@imagic.ch>
Subject AW: Solr grouping performace
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:46:15 GMT
Hey Alok

I don't think that the group performance is bad on integer fields. But try to load all results
in one query is very memory consuming.

Did you try to only load the first 1000 results with rows=1000 and start=0 ?

To get the total  group count you can use the group.ngroups=true param.

Bests

Sandro Zbinden

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alok Bhandari [mailto:alokomprakashbhandari@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2013 12:31
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Solr grouping performace

Hello ,
I am using solr 4.0 , I want to group entries on one of the int field , I need all the groups
and group.limit is 1. I am getting very slow performance and some times I am getting OutOfMemory
also.

My index is having 20 million records and out of which my search result returns 1 million
document and I do grouping on these 1 million docs. The side of data on disk is approx 2GB
and I am having Xmx 2GB. Please can anyone help me out in this. performance is very slow it
takes 10-12 seconds.

Thanks ,

Alok