lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Akkinepalli, Bharat (ELS-CON)" <B.Akkinepa...@Elsevier.com>
Subject Solr 4.4 - Master/Slave configuration - Replication Issue with Commits after deleting documents using Delete by ID
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:57:22 GMT
Hi,
We have recently migrated from Solr 3.6 to Solr 4.4.  We are using the Master/Slave configuration
in Solr 4.4 (not Solr Cloud).  We have noticed the following behavior/defect.

Configuration:
===========

1.       The Hard Commit and Soft Commit are disabled in the configuration (we control the
commits from the application)

2.       We have 1 Master and 2 Slaves configured and the pollInterval is configured to 10
Minutes.

3.       The Master is configured to have the "replicateAfter" as commit & startup

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1.       Delete a document in Solr  (using delete by id).  URL - http://localhost:8983/solr/annotation/update

2.       Issue a commit in Master (http://localhost:8983/solr/annotation/update?commit=true).

3.       The replication of the DELETE WILL NOT happen.  The master and slave has the same
Index version.

4.       If we try to issue another commit in Master, we see that it replicates fine.

Request you to please confirm if this is a known issue.  Thank you.

Regards,
Bharat Akkinepalli