lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Mamta S Kanade" <mkan...@etisalat.ae>
Subject RE: Newbie to Solr
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:19:52 GMT
Can you tell me what all docs I need to create...there needs to be a schema.xml and what else?
A document having my data?

Also, where these should be placed. There's already a schema.xml

Thanks for the prompt response.....

Mamta.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishan Parmar [mailto:kishan.jsk@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 October, 2013 03:16 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Newbie to Solr

yes you have to create your own schema
but in schema file you have to add your xml files field name in it like wise you can add your
field name in it ....

or you can add  your filed in the default schema file

whiithout schema you can not add your xml file to solr

my schema is like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<schema name="example" version="1.5">
<fields>
 <field name="No" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" multiValued="false" />
 <field name="Name" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" multiValued="false" />
 <field name="Address" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" multiValued="false" />
 <field name="Mobile" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" multiValued="false" />
</fields>
<uniqueKey>No</uniqueKey>

<types>

  <fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true" />
  <fieldType name="int" class="solr.TrieIntField" precisionStep="0"
positionIncrementGap="0" />
</types>
</schema>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------