lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brett Hoerner <br...@bretthoerner.com>
Subject What's the purpose of the bits option in compositeId (Solr 4.5)?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 22:29:23 GMT
I'm curious what the later "shard-local" bits do, if anything?

I have a very large cluster (256 shards) and I'm sending most of my data
with a single "composite", e.g. 1234!<unique_id>, but I'm noticing the data
is being split among many of the shards.

My guess right now is that since I'm only using the default 16 bits my data
is being split across multiple shards (because of my high # of shards).

Thanks,
Brett