lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud shard splitting keeps failing
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 07:54:06 GMT
Hi Kalle,

The problem here is that certain actions are taking too long causing the
split process to terminate in between. For example, a commit on the parent
shard leader took 83 seconds in your case but the read timeout value is set
to 60 seconds only. We actually do not need to open a searcher during this
commit. I'll open an issue and attach a fix.

Longer term we need to introduce asynchronous commands so that status can
be reported in a better way.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.