lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud Nodes infrastucture
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:37:39 GMT
Yes, it is possible to use only 3 machines by specifying maxShardsPerNode=2
(default is one). You can even host all six on one machine with
maxShardsPerNode=6 if you want.

The shard allocation won't allocate more than one replica of the same shard
on the same node if it can be helped. It will log a warning if it does that
because of maxShardsPerNode or createNodeSet constraints.

It is possible to use 3 large machines. I know plenty of users are using it
that way. It is hard to say anything about performance. You must benchmark
on your own machines, with your own data and queries.