lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Kumar <ankitthemight...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding FuctionalitiesIN SOLR
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 14:36:00 GMT
*1. Span NOT Operator*

     We have a business use case to use SPAN NOT queries in SOLR. Query
Parser of LUCENE currently doesn't support/parse SPAN NOT queries.

2.Adding Recursive and Range Proximity

      *Recursive Proximity *is a proximity query within a proximity query

Ex:   “ “income tax”~5   statement” ~4  The recursion can be up to any
level.

    * Range Proximity*: Currently we can only define number as a range we
want interval as a range .

Ex: “profit income”~3,5    ,  “United America”~-5,4

3. Complex  Queries

A complex query is a query formed with a combination of Boolean operators
or proximity queries or range queries or any possible combination of these.

Ex:    “(income AND tax) statement”~4

          “ “income tax”~4  (statement OR period) ”~3

          (“ income” SPAN NOT  “income tax” ) source ~3,5

 Can anyone suggest us some way of achieving these 3 functionalities in
SOLR ???