lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Twomey, David" <david.two...@novartis.com>
Subject dynamic field question
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 22:59:51 GMT

I am having trouble trying to return a particular dynamic field only instead of all dynamic
fields.

Imagine I have a document with an unknown number of sections.  Each section can have a 'title'
and a 'body'

 I have each section title and body as dynamic fields such as section_title_*  and section_body_*

Imagine that some documents contain a section that has a title="Appendix"

I want a query that will find all docs with that section and return just the Appendix section.

I don't know how to return just that one section though

I can copyField my dynamic field section_title_* into a static field called section_titles
and query that for docs that contain the Appendix

But I don't know how to only return that one dynamic field

?q=section_titles:Appendix&fl=section_body_*

Any ideas?   I can't seem to put a conditional in the fl parameter