lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Bootstrapping / Full Importing using Solr Cloud
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:57:27 GMT
We are in the process of upgrading our Solr cluster to the latest and greatest Solr Cloud.
I have some questions regarding full indexing though. We're currently running a long job (~30
hours) using DIH to do a full index on over 10M products. This process consumes a lot of memory
and while updating can not handle any user requests.

How, or what would be the best way going about this when using Solr Cloud? First off, does
DIH work with cloud? Would I need to separate out my DIH indexing machine from the machines
serving up user requests? If not going down the DIH route, what are my best options (solrj?)

Thanks for the input