lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Santamauro <david.santama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: combining cores into a collection
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 13:44:26 GMT
On 01/02/2014 08:29 AM, michael.boom wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> "They are loaded with a lot of data so avoiding a reload is of the utmost
> importance."
> Well, reloading a core won't cause any data loss. Is it 100% availability
> during the process is what you need?

Not really ... uptime is irrelevant because they aren't in production. I
just don't want to spend the time reloading 1TB of documents.

Basically, I have a bunch of (previously known as ... ) shards on one
machine (I'd like them to stay on one machine) that aren't associated
with a SolrCloud. I query them using

   shards=localhost:1234/core1,localhost:1234/core2[,etc...]

My current loading logic doesn't matter but rest assured, there are no
duplicate uniqueIds across each shard.

I want to bring them all into a cloud collection. Assume I have 3
cores/shards

   core1
   core2
   core3

as above, I currently query them as:

   /core1?q=*:*&shards=localhost:1234/core2,localhost:1234/core3

I want to be able to address all three as if they were shards of a
collection, something like.

collection1
  => shard1 (was core1)
  => shard2 (was core2)
  => shard3 (was core3)

I want to be able to load to collection1. search collection1 etc.

I've tried

/collections?action=CREATE&name=collection1&shards=core1,core2,core3

.. but it doesn't actually recognize the existing cores.

thanks