lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: custom updateHandler
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:21:49 GMT
On 1/2/2014 9:48 AM, elmerfudd wrote:
> *ok im really lost...
> Im trying to set a custom updatehandler

<snip>

> then trying to index a file - but the field wont change!
>
> how come?

At a quick glance, it all looks right, but I could be completely wrong
about that.  I made my custom update chain the default, because it was
the only way I could find to make it work with the dataimporter.

As a troubleshooting step, you should create a static logger object and
put a logging call at the WARN level in your code just to see whether
it's being called.  Here's a code excerpt for this:

----

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

public class myPlugin extends UpdateRequestProcessorFactory
{
   private final static Logger LOG = LoggerFactory
             .getLogger(myPlugin.class);

// snipped out your real code here.

   @Override
   public void processAdd(AddUpdateCommand cmd) throws IOException {
     LOG.warn("Logging statement to make sure it's being called.");

----

Just FYI - Java convention says your class should be named MyPlugin, not
myPlugin.  Either will work, but generally speaking identifiers that
start with lowercase letters are variables, not class names.

Thanks,
Shawn