lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help in understating solr cloud stats data
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:08:34 GMT
You should contribute that and spread the dev load with others :)

We need something like that at some point, it’s just no one has done it. We currently expect
you to aggregate in the monitoring layer and it’s a lot to ask IMO.

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller

On Feb 3, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Greg Walters <greg.walters@answers.com> wrote:

> I've had some issues monitoring Solr with the per-core mbeans and ended up writing a
custom "request handler" that gets loaded then registers itself as an mbean. When called it
polls all the per-core mbeans then adds or averages them where appropriate before returning
the requested value. I'm not sure if there's a better way to get jvm-wide stats via jmx but
it is *a* way to get it done.