lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: facet.prefix or separation?
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 04:29:15 GMT
I am quite sure that the binary flag will be faster as you will just
get a gigantic vector pre-loaded into memory. The problem starts if
you are going to have lots of those prefixes. Then, the memory
requirements may become an issue. Then, the facet becomes more
flexible as it uses the same list for any arbitrary prefix.

There are my thoughts (as requested). I haven't tested this in production.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)