lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Walters <greg.walt...@answers.com>
Subject Re: need help in understating solr cloud stats data
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 16:25:14 GMT
The code I wrote is currently a bit of an ugly hack so I'm a bit reluctant to share it and
there's some legal concerns with open-sourcing code within my company. That being said, I
wouldn't mind rewriting it on my own time. Where can I find a starter kit for contributors
with coding guidelines and the like? Spruced up some I'd be OK with submitting a patch.

Thanks,
Greg

On Feb 3, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should contribute that and spread the dev load with others :)
>
> We need something like that at some point, it’s just no one has done it. We currently
expect you to aggregate in the monitoring layer and it’s a lot to ask IMO.

> - Mark
>
> http://about.me/markrmiller
>
> On Feb 3, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Greg Walters <greg.walters@answers.com> wrote:
>
>> I've had some issues monitoring Solr with the per-core mbeans and ended up writing
a custom "request handler" that gets loaded then registers itself as an mbean. When called
it polls all the per-core mbeans then adds or averages them where appropriate before returning
the requested value. I'm not sure if there's a better way to get jvm-wide stats via jmx but
it is *a* way to get it done.