lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Darin McBeath <ddmcbe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about Facets in Solr Cloud and there accuracy (especially when not ordered by count)
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 20:23:04 GMT
I found the following discussion very helpful from back in 2012.

http://markmail.org/thread/lkl7ffi77w7hpv6n

Probably the best description I've seen for how facets are actually calculated in Solr Cloud.
 Thanks.  I presume this is for the most part still accurate.

But, I have a slightly different question.  Instead of ordering the results for a facet by
count, what if I choose to order my results based on index. Will the counts still be correct
in Solr Cloud?  I would assume the same magic (as was described in the above link) could
have been as easily applied to this approach. I assume that I could apply a prefix to the
facet when ordering by index (such as 'A' to identify those products beginning with an 'A')
and that the counts would still be correct.

Thanks.

Darin.