lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From nativecoder <romrom...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between search strings
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 13:15:30 GMT
Can someone please tell me the difference between searching a text in the
following ways

1. q=Exact_Word:"samplestring" -> What does it tell to solr  ?

2. q=samplestring&qf=Exact_Word -> What does it tell to solr  ?

3. q="samplestring"&qf=Exact_Word -> What does it tell to solr  ?

I think the first and the third one are the same.  is it correct ? How does
it differ from the second one.

I am trying to understand how enclosing the full term in "" is resolving the
solr specific special character problem? What does it tell to solr  ? e.g If
there is "!" mark in the string solr will identify it as a NOT, "!" is part
of the string. This issue can be corrected if the full string is enclosed in
a "".