lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hakim Benoudjit <h.benoud...@gmail.com>
Subject Core failure when a lot of processes are indexing
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 12:06:51 GMT
Hi guys,

I have a lot of scripts running *concurrently *& indexing on the same index
(*collection*). This throws the following error:

*SolrCore 'collection2' is not available due to init failure: Error opening
new searcher</str><str name="trace">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
SolrCore 'collection2' is not available due to init failure: Error opening
new searcher*

Which from what I've understood means that the index has been *corrupted*.

So what is the solution that you can suggest me to use? Active Messagin
(ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ) maybe?

*PS: *
-- By adding a *sleep() *in each of these scripts, the index managed to not
be corrupted, that's why I'm suspecting that the number of concurrent
request (*update*) received by solr, are causing this error.

--
Hakim Benoudjit.