lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing tweets For WC2014
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 04:26:24 GMT
That's a lot of tweets. There is an article talking about smaller
scale lessons, might be still useful:
http://ricston.com/blog/guerrilla-search-solr-run-3-million-documents-search-15month-machine/

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Cool Techi <cooltechie@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We have a requirement from one of our customers to provide search and analytics on the
upcoming Soccer World cup, given the sheer volume of tweet's that would be generated at such
an event I cannot imagine what would be required to store this in solr.
> It would be great if there can be some pointer's on the scale or hardware required, number
of shards that should be created etc. Some requirement,
> All the tweets should be searchable (approximately 100million tweets/date  * 60 Days
of event). All fields on tweets should be searchable/facet on numeric and date fields. Facets
would be run on TwitterId's (unique users), tweet created on date, Location, Sentiment (some
fields which we generate)