lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Multiterm analysis in complexphrase query
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 15:30:46 GMT
If there's enough interest, I might get back into the code and throw a standalone src (and
jar) of the SpanQueryParser and the Solr wrapper onto github.  That would make it more widely
available until there's a chance to integrate it into Lucene/Solr.  If you'd be interested
in this, let me know (and/or vote on the issue pages on Jira).

Best,

       Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Ryan [mailto:mryan@moreover.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:24 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Multiterm analysis in complexphrase query

Thanks. This looks interesting...

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Allison, Timothy B. [mailto:tallison@mitre.org]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:15 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org

Ahmet, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the ComplexPhraseQueryParser does not perform analysis
(as you, Michael, point out).  The SpanQueryParser in LUCENE-5205 does perform analysis and
might meet your needs.  Work on it has gone on pause, though, so you'll have to build from
the patch or the LUCENE-5205 branch.  Let me know if you have any questions.

LUCENE-5470 and LUCENE-5504 would move multiterm analysis farther down and make it available
to all parsers that use QueryParserBase, including the ComplexPhraseQueryParser.

Best,

        Tim